This week, in our mission to unbottle happiness, we bring to you a sinfully indulgent recipe from our collection. Just the thought of it, makes us go weak in our knees and drives us into giddy bouts of happiness. It is ridiculous easy to make and vegetarian friendly. It has oodles of chocolate and the softest, dreamiest melt-in-the-mouth texture. Just one nibble is enough to lift your spirits to soaring heights. But that’s not all. We’ve got the perfect wine to go with. The Big Banyan Merlot. Its rich aroma of dark cherries, plums and blackberries, laced with a hint of cocoa, and the soft, velvety tannins, complement the sweetness of the brownie. So without further ado, let’s get started on our sinful brownies.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup castor sugar
¼ cup and 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add castor sugar. Mix them well.
3. Make a pool in the center and add oil, water and vanilla extract.
4. Whisky ever so lightly till it becomes a smooth paste. Fold the chocolate chips in.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased brownie tin.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is no longer shiny. You will see light cracks by now, and when you insert a toothpick it will out clean.
7. Let it cool before you cut it up into pieces.
8. Serve it up with our suggested wine