Boozy Hot Chocolate
The rains inspired us to make this special concoction. After all, there’s nothing like a cup of hot chocolate on a rainy evening. And with our boozy, vino twist it just gets better. Here’s our Boozy Hot Chocolate recipe.
1/4 cup sweetened hot chocolate (or bitter if you like it that way)
2-4 tsp of sugar (you can adjust sugar to your taste)
1 cup of milk
100 ml of Big Banyan Shiraz
– To get a silky smooth texture to your hot chocolate, first make a paste of your hot choco mix. Take the hot chocolate powder, sugar and a few tablespoons of milk, and whisk it together to make a thick paste.
– Then add the remaining milk and whisk till it is well blended.
– Pour the wine into a saucepan and reduce it. Leave it on the stove till the alcohol evaporates, giving you a fragrant delicious reduction.
– Add this reduced wine to your hot chocolate and mix well.
– Allow it to simmer a while.
– Give it a good mix. And serve it hot.