Meet the best wines of the year
You chose us, and we are honoured. Big Banyan participated in the seventh edition of Indian Wines Consumer’s Choice Awards 2018 conducted by All Things Nice. A panel of 100 consumers judges the participating Indian wines in a blind tasting. The only information provided is the grape varietals and all wines are judged on the basis of aroma, colour, and palate. We are excited to announce that our wines bagged 3 Golds, 2 Silvers, and 1 Bronze award. What better testimony to our quality than being chosen as the best amongst the best by wine aficionados! Featuring on top of this independent list of India’s best wines chosen by consumers themselves has given us a happy high.
Our Gold winners
- Big Banyan Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, Goa – This luscious ruby red with tints of purple won the hearts of our judges with its intense personality. Add to it the deep notes of sharp eucalyptus, sweet fruit, and fragrant oak and it was a shoo in to win. Enjoy this full-bodied dry red at 16-180C with a platter of with hard cheese such as an aged Cheddar or Gouda.
- Big Banyan Limited Shiraz 2014, Goa – Other wines did not stand a chance against this French oak aged red. Its bold, deep flavours, and generosity of spirit won everyone’s heart. We age this red for twelve months in French oak and then, for equally long in glass bottles. Decant and savour it with international cuisines.
- Big Banyan Sauvignon Blanc 2017, Goa – Crisp, light, and dry, our Sauvignon Blanc was bound to captivate the judges. This popular favourite is a light straw gold, and has a tinge of citrus and the aromas of a cool garden. It is ideal with a crisp salad on a hot summers day and is an absolute must-serve at brunches.
Our Silver winners
- Big Banyan Chenin Blanc 2017, Goa – It’s difficult not to fall in love with this easy-going wine. The Big Banyan Chenin Blanc is suitable for any food and any mood. It is laced with aromas of yellow apple, white lemon, and peach with spicy notes of thyme and coriander. Enjoy it at 10-120C.
- Big Banyan Shiraz 2017, Goa – The appeal of this fruity, dry red is in the crush of berries and play of spices that invades your senses. The robust personality of this wine comes alive because of the grapes grown in the warmer temperatures of India. Appreciate its heady aromas with a plate of cheese or some lightly spiced meat dishes.
Our Bronze winners
- Big Banyan Chardonnay 2017, Goa – Bottled elegance, our Chardonnay is about fine balance. This delicate straw gold with hints of green offers intense tropical aromas of pears and pineapples and a delectable balance of minerality and acidity. Pop it open with some herb crusted halibut or a slice of Chèvre.
Once again, a heartfelt thanks for all your support. Keep the love and wine flowing!